发表新帖   回复帖子    酷我-北美枫 首页 -> English Garden
阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题  
作者 留言
anna[星子安娜]
anna作品集

Site Admin

注册时间: 2004-05-02
帖子: 7141

帖子发表于: 星期一 十一月 21, 2011 3:15 pm    发表主题: Mississauga News reported our coming event 引用并回复

http://www.mississauga.com/what's%20on/article/1247678--p-k-page-to-be-celebrated

P.K. Page to be celebrated

The extraordinary accomplishments of one of Canada's most prolific and compelling poets will be celebrated in Mississauga on Dec. 4.
P.K. Page, who died at age 93 last Jan. 14, published more than 30 books over a career that saw her win a Governor General's Award for poetry in 1954 and vie for the Griffin Poetry Prize for her last collection of work, published when she was 91.
"She was still at the top of Canadian poetry 55 years after she won her GG's award," said Richard Greene, the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) English professor who himself won the Governor General's award in 2010. "She had a long and glorious career and we're going to have a good tribute to her."
Greene will be the featured poet at the event, being held at Courtneypark Library from 2-4 p.m. Nine other Canadian poets will each read one of Page's poems, talk about her influence on them and then read some of their own works.
The event is being organized by Mississauga poet Anna Yin, on behalf of the League of Canadian Poets. The League is holding 10 readings across the country to support the P.K. Page Trust Fund, established to keep her memory alive and support the culture of poetry in Canada.
The poets, who also include Mississaugans Cheryl Xavier and Zohra Zoberi, will donate their fees to the trust fund. Also reading will be Elana Wolff, Laura Lush, Honey Novick, Allan Briesmaster, Joice Andrew and Ann Elizabeth Carson.
"P.K. Page was a great mentor to many poets," said Yin, who has written a poem in tribute to Page that she'll share at the event.
Her poems read in other languages as well, with Yin reading in Chinese and other poems in Urdu, Italian and Hebrew, as befits any event being held in multicultural Missisauga, says Yin.
The poet was actually not familiar with Page's work before she took on the project. But Yin has immersed herself in Page's work since; she finds it charming. She especially enjoys Page's tendency to quote other poet's lines, "and then develop them through a dialogue."
Greene, who's been at UTM since 1995, says Page was undervalued for many years because she was out of the country frequently with her diplomat husband, she was a woman and she wrote in a very contemplative style.
"Her poetry is more about serenity than shouting and it takes a little while to truly appreciate," said Greene, a native of Newfoundland.
Page's work is particularly instructive for young writers, he feels.
"I think she is the kind of poet you can really learn from," said Greene. "The way she writes is clean, methodical and pure."
There's no admission for the reading, but donations are welcome.

[email protected]

Anna Yin

《爱的灯塔-星子安娜双语诗选》
<Nightlights> <Seven Nights with the Chinese Zodiac> ...

http://annapoetry.com
返回页首
個人頁面 阅览成员资料 (Profile) 发送私人留言 (PM) 浏览发表者的主页
anna[星子安娜]
anna作品集

Site Admin

帖子发表于: 星期三 十二月 07, 2011 2:08 pm    发表主题: 引用并回复

This is my draft for being a MC.... (save it here)

Good afternoon. I am glad that we are all gathered here to celebrate P.K.Page’s poetry and her life.
on behalf of the League of Canadian Poets, I want to thank you all for joining us. I also want to thank Mississauga Library for their support. I am glad that the Mississauga News reported this event, here I want to quote the article: The extraordinary accomplishments of one of Canada’s most prolific and compelling poets will be celebrated in Mississauga. Now. Let’s lift the curtain.
P.K.Page was born in England in 1916. When she was three, her parents brought her to Canada. She was brought up on the Canadian prairies. She was an author with over thirty books, including poetry, essays and novels. Her poem "Planet Earth" was selected by the United Nations to read internationally, Her book The Metal and the Flower won the Governor General's Award in 1954, she was appointed Officer of the Order of Canada and Companion of the Order. Her last collection, Coal and Roses was shortlisted for the Griffin Poetry Prize 2010.
Page had many talents. She developed her painting skills during her time travelling with her husband on his diplomatic postings to Australia, Brazil and Mexico. After she moved back to Canada, she started writing again. In 2010, she died at the age of 93 in B.C.
She was a great poet, a wonderful mentor and a lifetime member of the League of Canadian Poets. To remember her, this year, the League of Canadian Poets initiated a trust fund in her name. Today, many members from the LCP will donate their fees to the trust. I am honored to organize this event and am pleased that many people are here. Now I want to introduce our MC.
Anna Yin: IT Geek & poet, that’s her. Her life in China
was normal like the early stage of a butterfly in a cocoon, but passion for poetry bloomed after immigrating to Canada. She won the 2005 Ted Plantos Memorial Award and 2010 MARTY Award for her poetry. In 2011 her book “Wings Toward Sunlight” was published by Mosaic Press. Her Poetry Alive events have been a new approach to help people explore and appreciate poetry.
Yes. That is not me in everyday life. Only in poetry, I grow wings. Here I want to share with you one of Page’s poems.
Single Traveler (by P.K.Page)

What is this love that is my life's companion?
Shape-changer, sometimes faceless, this companion.

Single traveller, I wander a wasting world
awaiting the much anticipated Companion.

A trillium covered wood one April day
served as a nearly consummate companion.

A horse, two dogs, some cats, a blue macaw
each in its turn became a loyal companion.

Behind the loved embrace, a face of light-
demon or angel-lures me from my companion.

The street of love is neither wide nor narrow.
Its width depends on me and my companion.

Am I too bound and blinded by coarse wrappings
ever to know true love as my companion?

O Poet, squanderer of time and talents
why do you search for love as your Companion?

孤单旅者 P.K. Page

什么是爱,我这一生的伴侣?
变形者,时而没有脸孔,这样的伴侣。

孤单旅者,我徜徉一个荒废的世界
等待着这期盼良久的伴侣。

一片被三叶草覆盖的木材四月天
担任了几近精湛的伴侣。

一匹马,两条狗,几只猫,一个蓝色的金刚鹦鹉,
每一个轮流着成为我忠诚的伴侣。

在爱的怀抱,光亮的面孔之后
魔鬼或天使诱惑我离开我的伴侣。

爱情的街道不宽也不窄。
它的宽度取决于我和我的伴侣。

是我太约束或者蒙蔽于粗燥的包装
以致于不知道真爱才是我的伴侣?

哦,诗人,放荡时间和才华的旅者
为什么你要找寻爱为你的伴侣?

Purple and Gold--In Memory of P.K. Page

You life is a purple pearl
sent from the old Kingdoms
to the long West Coast.
Your childhood rides on horseback
with irises, bluebells and lavender
all violet in purple clouds.

Your married life, a lucky star,
glides from one destination to another.
The exotic winds mix your nostalgia
and talents, open a world of wonders.

But what do I know?
How does
black and white at midnight glow
this garden of barbed wire and roses?
What is the life in a shell?
What kind of waves are calling?

Yet I do know-
your poetry is the gold
beyond time and space.
It speaks of the color of harvest,
and the weight of life
where you see two divine moons,
and the cure of Planet Earth.

Extracting from streams of life,
refining through fire of passions,
you crown us with the power
and the beauty of words
where our third eye sees:
gold shining from the underground,
roses rising from purple dreams.
Under the Sky Tree,
you find the way home.

Richard Greene was born in Newfoundland, and was educated at Memorial University of Newfoundland and Oxford University. He lives now in Cobourg, Ontario, and is a professor of English at the University of Toronto. He has eight books. His third collection of poetry, Boxing the Compass (Signal Editions), won the 2010 Governor General’s Literary Award. This collection includes the celebrated long poem “Over the Border,” recounting his many journeys through the United States by Greyhound and Amtrak in the aftermath of 9-11. Patricia Keeney writes: “His voice is meditative and searching, mixing the elegant with the colloquial. … Technically accomplished, the poems are uniformly paced and assured, telling their stories easily, conversationally. Greene takes readers to his people and his places assuming that they want to accompany him, because we are all spiritual wanderers, and every age is poised to hear the still sad music of humanity”

Anna Yin

《爱的灯塔-星子安娜双语诗选》

返回页首
anna[星子安娜]
anna作品集

Site Admin

帖子发表于: 星期三 十二月 07, 2011 2:08 pm    发表主题: 引用并回复

http://www.annapoetry.com/?p=1986

Anna Yin

《爱的灯塔-星子安娜双语诗选》

返回页首
非马[FFFFFF]
非马作品集

二品总督
(刚入二品,小心做人)
二品总督<BR>(刚入二品,小心做人)

注册时间: 2005-10-15
帖子: 1053

帖子发表于: 星期四 十二月 08, 2011 10:12 am    发表主题: 引用并回复

Thank you for sharing P. K. Page's life and poetry with us.
返回页首
阅览成员资料 (Profile) 发送私人留言 (PM)
anna[星子安娜]
anna作品集

Site Admin

帖子发表于: 星期四 十二月 08, 2011 8:46 pm    发表主题: 引用并回复

谢谢非马。我很喜欢她的 The Blue Guitar

Anna Yin

《爱的灯塔-星子安娜双语诗选》

返回页首
从以前的帖子开始显示:   
发表新帖   回复帖子       酷我-北美枫 首页 -> English Garden 论坛时间为 EST (美国/加拿大)
1页/共1

转跳到:  
不能发布新主题
不能在这个论坛回复主题
不能在这个论坛编辑自己的帖子
不能在这个论坛删除自己的帖子
不能在这个论坛发表投票

本论坛欢迎广大文学爱好者不拘一格地发表创作和评论.凡在网站发表的作品,即视为向《北美枫》丛书, 《诗歌榜》和《酷我电子杂志》投稿(暂无稿费, 请谅)。如果您的作品不想编入《北美枫》或《诗歌榜》或《酷我电子杂志》,请在发帖时注明。
作品版权归原作者.文责自负.作品的观点与<酷我-北美枫>网站无关.请勿用于商业,宗教和政治宣传.论坛上严禁人身攻击.管理员有权删除作品.