LavenderSwing作品集

四品府丞
(封疆大吏也!)
四品府丞<BR>(封疆大吏也!)

注册时间: 2004-05-29
帖子: 321
来自: China

帖子发表于: 星期二 九月 13, 2005 9:52 pm    发表主题: CRITIQUE checklist 引用并回复

When you examine a poem you could use this checklist to help you to critique and provide feedback (scroll down):

Insight
A poem will often give us insight into a person's thoughts. What does this poem tell you about the poet?

Interpretation
What was your interpretation of the poem? What do you believe the poet meant for you to interpret?

Influence, Impact
How did the poem influence you? What impact did it have upon you? Describe from your own perspective remembering that this might not have been what the poet intended.

Ideas
Comment upon the ideas used. Was the poet original?

Illustration
How well did the poet or writer illustrate his / her points? If a poet used graphics to enhance his / her poem, how well did this fit? Did the illustration enhance or detract from the poem?

Inspiration
Poetry can be very inspirational. How were you inspired by the work?

Informative
How much information was supplied? Was it enough? Was more information needed to make the poem more meaningful?

Ignite, Inflame or incite
This goes again to what kind of emotion was evoked when reading the poem. Sometimes poetry is intended to elicit a response. Sometimes the poet's intention is to incite rather than impact in a positive way.

Imagery
This is probably one of the most important factors to consider when reading poetry. When you read the words, what images do you see? How powerful and vivid were the mental images? Could the poet have painted a more vivid picture?

Imagination, Innovation
It is important for a poet to use his or her imagination and to be innovative. Use of cliches and hackneyed expressions greatly detract from the poem. Originality is the key. How effective was the poet in this area?

Impersonation
Was the poem in any way reminiscent of the poetry of another? Again this goes to originality. A poet should always strive to express naturally and should avoid copying the style of any other poet. We may be influenced by poets we admire but our work should always be our own. Careful never to plagiarize.

Inflection
How has the poet used patterns or stress and intonation in the poem? Has this been effecitve?

Inflated
Has the poet tended to exaggerate or slip into hyperbole? Sometimes this technique is used when writing comical poetry but it is important that the poet is careful not to over-ice the cake.

Idioms
Check for use of idiomatic expression. Has this worked in the poem? Suggestions?

Intellect, intelligence
Although it doesn't take great intelligence to write good poetry, a lot of thought should go into the writing or rather revision of a first draft. Sometimes when I write creatively, I let my creative mind have free rein but I will invariably go back and put a lot of thought into what my words are saying, how they will be read by others and also into how the technical aspects of the poem work (e.g. rhyme if applicable, meter etc.)

Introspective
Is the poet being introspective or does the poem cause you to become introspective? Poetry should always lead to reflection and this may lead to enlightenment.

Incomplete
One of the faults of many poets is to leave an idea incomplete or unfinished. This can be effective but it is important that the poet completes his / her work. Could the poet have completed his or her ideas better? Were words missing? etc.

Impression
The poet entices a reader with the opening line and leaves an impression with the closing line. Has the poem left you with a positive or lasting impression? The impact of some of the poetry I have read in my life has left an indelible impression upon me.
返回页首
阅览成员资料 (Profile) 发送私人留言 (PM)
从以前的帖子开始显示:   
发表新帖   回复帖子       酷我-北美枫 首页 -> English Garden 论坛时间为 EST (美国/加拿大)
1页/共1

转跳到:  
不能发布新主题
不能在这个论坛回复主题
不能在这个论坛编辑自己的帖子
不能在这个论坛删除自己的帖子
不能在这个论坛发表投票

本论坛欢迎广大文学爱好者不拘一格地发表创作和评论.凡在网站发表的作品,即视为向《北美枫》丛书, 《诗歌榜》和《酷我电子杂志》投稿(暂无稿费, 请谅)。如果您的作品不想编入《北美枫》或《诗歌榜》或《酷我电子杂志》,请在发帖时注明。
作品版权归原作者.文责自负.作品的观点与<酷我-北美枫>网站无关.请勿用于商业,宗教和政治宣传.论坛上严禁人身攻击.管理员有权删除作品.