fearing aliens' attack.

It's just fiction.
I snuggle him.

No. it is in the near future.
An alarm rises inside me.
Teach me, how to pray!

Anna Yin

《爱的灯塔-星子安娜双语诗选》
<Nightlights> <Seven Nights with the Chinese Zodiac> ...

http://annapoetry.com

最后进行编辑的是 anna on 星期六 三月 27, 2010 5:51 pm, 总计第 1 次编辑
返回页首
個人頁面 阅览成员资料 (Profile) 发送私人留言 (PM) 浏览发表者的主页
anna[星子安娜]
anna作品集

Site Admin

注册时间: 2004-05-02
帖子: 7141

帖子发表于: 星期六 三月 20, 2010 7:52 pm    发表主题: 引用并回复

My son Jason watched the movie and wrote his summary.

Hi, my name is Jason and I will tell you about the movie Avatar (the one, in theaters). I am going to talk about are what avatars are,
the characters in the movie, and finally I will tell the story of avatar.
But before that I will tell you a summary. Remember it is just
a movie. I am telling you this because I don’t want you to get the
nightmare, too.

Avatars were invented by human beings to enter another world. they were controlled by the humans with the special machines. When the humans lie down in the machine to sleep, they send their mind to guide Avatars. Humans built avatars to be warriors too, so that they could fight and kill the nature.

The characters are Jake, Grace, Trucy, Neytiry, Selfridge, Tsu’tey, Colonel, Norm, Moha, Lyle, Sam, and two armies (about 240,000 people in total). The main characters are Jake, Grace, Trucy, Neytiry, Selfridge, Tsu’tey, Colonel, Norm, Moha, Lyle, and Sam.

Now I will talk about my summary. The humans made some avatars to fight and kill the nature, but four members (Jake, Grace, Norm, and I think Lyle) of the association wanted to betray because they wanted to save the nature. Now the four members are trying to gather more avatars to save the nature for the other animals. They are also trying to save the other avatars that are not people. Will Jake, Grace, Norm, and Lyle succeed their mission? Read my story or watch the movie yourself. Note: read mine because the movie is even scarier.

It all started with Jake’s brother, he was a part of the association which is a training center that trains you to be an avatar. He did something bad so he was put into a box and they put him into fire. Jake is his brother so they picked Jake to replace his dead brother.

Today was Jake’s first day of the association and he is training. Norm shows him around. He got interested by the places. Norm showed Jake the place where they made the avatars. The avatars were put into big cylinder glass bottles. After a day or two, Jake was ready to go into his avatar body. It was really cool he just needed to go into this particular machine and think of nothing.

Jake got stuck in that mysterious place in the world that he could get killed in. He was locked down in this place. Another real avatar (that was not built by a human being) saved his life in that world. He started to follow her and she pushed him back every time. Then the gentle, white animals started to surround. He hit one. The real avatar (girl) grabbed his hands and then she saw that the white animals were all over his body and they were also floating around him. She told her mother and father (king and queen) and they agreed he could stay with them, but he must learn how to ride their horses and these bird like creatures that are called Mountain Banshees.

After three months or more, Jake was ready to catch his own bird. He only had one chance. He was fighting with the Mountain Banshee first. Then he used this kind of special part that is in his hair (and I think it is called a halo) that when you attach the halo to an animal’s halo then you could control the animal. But for prayers, you would have to use special trees. He finally found his own Mountain Banshee so now he could fly with his friends like warriors and Mountain Banshees.

The association (who does not like nature) killed the big and thick tree and now the avatars were mad at Jake because he knew what was going to happen to the big and powerful tree. They said to him: “Never Come Back!” But he didn’t obey them because there were bad news for them because the association was going to destroy their entire home. Jake thought they might not listen to him, so he caught the Great Leonopteryx (which was a large flying predator that was red, orange, yellow, and large and they thought no avatar could capture this bird), but Jake succeeded to catching it. When he went back to the
Avatars, the avatars were horrified because they thought Great Leonopteryx was going to eat them up, but when they saw Jake and he made his speech, every avatar listened to him and he gathered every avatar up for war.

The war began and the three best warriors (Jake, Neytiry, and Neytiry’s brother) were on the Mountain Banshee that is smaller than the Great Leonopteryx and the Great Leonopteryx is also a better hunter than the Mountain Banshee. The avatars started off with an advantage, but they started to get tired and the other team had the lead. Suddenly, Jake used bombs and killed the 2 biggest ships that carried bombs. The leader of the association got out and Jake and the other team leader started fighting. Jake lost and now the leader that has a robot with him was trying to hook off the machine that the real person Jake depended, but Neytiry killed the leader first and that made the war end. She tried to find Jake and when she found Jake, she put an inhaler on Jake’s face, so he could breathe and it worked. Jake pressed a button so that he can breathe normally and at the end of the movie, Jake gave up his real body and a special tree, gave Jake’s energy to the avatar, so Jake finally became a real avatar. Oh yeah, if you are wondering where the people went to. I think they went to this special planet, so both sides can live in peace.

Moral: I think the morals of the movie are you should protect the nature and respect people the way you would like to be treated.

My favourite part is when, well, every part was my favourite part except the war because the war part was frightening, but everything else was cool especially the part when Jake says Shut Up and fly straight to his Mountain Banshee. That was funny. Thank you for reading my report. Hope you also enjoyed my report. Bye for now.

The End

Anna Yin

《爱的灯塔-星子安娜双语诗选》

返回页首
anna[星子安娜]
anna作品集

Site Admin

帖子发表于: 星期日 三月 21, 2010 8:41 pm    发表主题: 引用并回复

对写东西,尤其对九岁的小孩,我很少改他的,而是鼓励多。。。

Anna Yin

《爱的灯塔-星子安娜双语诗选》

返回页首
anna[星子安娜]
anna作品集

Site Admin

帖子发表于: 星期四 三月 25, 2010 3:46 pm    发表主题: 引用并回复

儿子还写了另外几篇。。。一听我的表扬以及说要给我的老师Terry去看,就自己主动写了另外两篇。。。
儿子开始写时,有很多问题,但我并不指出,我只是提示很重要的,以及重复犯的错误。。。有时我也写一个,让他打分,我们互相打分。我总是给他打高分。。。他开心极了。(我一直想找类似中国那种,小学优秀范文,一直找不到,也许老外的教育不提倡这样)
写作其实很能体现独创性和表达思维能力。
暑假,我会让他自己安排每两周写一个。然后自己学习先修改。。。最后我来打分。。。

Terry 是我很好的朋友,几乎成了忘年交。有时我邀请他来家里,吃饭的时候或出去走的时候,让他在随意中指导一下我儿子,(其实就是要他去鼓励)。。。儿子不错,很喜欢我的朋友,另一个是苏珊。

Anna Yin

《爱的灯塔-星子安娜双语诗选》

返回页首
从以前的帖子开始显示:   
发表新帖   回复帖子       酷我-北美枫 首页 -> English Garden 论坛时间为 EST (美国/加拿大)
1页/共1

转跳到:  
不能发布新主题
不能在这个论坛回复主题
不能在这个论坛编辑自己的帖子
不能在这个论坛删除自己的帖子
不能在这个论坛发表投票

本论坛欢迎广大文学爱好者不拘一格地发表创作和评论.凡在网站发表的作品,即视为向《北美枫》丛书, 《诗歌榜》和《酷我电子杂志》投稿(暂无稿费, 请谅)。如果您的作品不想编入《北美枫》或《诗歌榜》或《酷我电子杂志》,请在发帖时注明。
作品版权归原作者.文责自负.作品的观点与<酷我-北美枫>网站无关.请勿用于商业,宗教和政治宣传.论坛上严禁人身攻击.管理员有权删除作品.