江落雨作品集

九品县令
(一不小心,做了官儿了。)
九品县令<BR>(一不小心,做了官儿了。)

注册时间: 2006-11-06
帖子: 42

帖子发表于: 星期三 十一月 15, 2006 9:34 am    发表主题: A Red Box 引用并回复

A Red Box

That day she came toward me and sat beside me, smiling. She held my hand and told me: “I am your left hand from now on.” And I gave her a smile, saying: “And I am your right hand.” I knew that she was my last deskmate in my life with whom I would spend my senior three in the middle school.
“I am Sanmei.” She introduced herself.
“I am Jiemei.” I said.
So we knew each other and wished we could get along well with each other. At that time when we had too many books to pile them on the desk, many classmates bought a box to place them. Sanmei suggested that we should buy a box for our books. I thought it was not big enough for two students’ books and I wanted to buy a box for my books, but if I disagreed with her, she might be unhappy. After all we didn’t quite know each other at that time.
“Ok,” I said, nodding my head. “when shall we go to buy a box?”
“Right now!” Sanmei laughed, holding my hand to the store. I thought it was nothing. It was just a box! What was the difference between a box for my books and a box for ours? So we went to the store. I liked green and I wanted to have a green box, but she said: “Oh! That red box is so beautiful! Don’t you think so? How about that red box?”
Though I preferred that blue box, I really didn’t mind what color it was. To me, many things were unworthy of consideration. I didn’t take something such as a box for books seriously. So I agreed with her, which made her very happy. She smiled brightly, which gave me warmth and happiness, and said: “It stands for our friendship! I wish our friendship is like this color, ardent and forever!”
That day we put our books together in the red box. My heat was full of happiness and joy. She was a good friend who I should cherish.
As time went by, we become intimates. We shared both joy and sadness, sweetness and bitter. I told her my secrets and so did she. One day she sat at her desk, frowning at her book. I asked her why, and she told me that she had some troubles.
“I have a friend who I regard as my intimate just like you. One year ago I told her my secret but now I found that she told it to somebody. I was so angry that I lost my control and we had a quarrel. I think after that quarrel we can’t be friends. But now I am so regretful. I want to say sorry to her and rebuild our friendship.”
“Oh, no!” I cried, “It is she that did something wrong to you, that hurt you. You are right! It should be she that regret her mistake, not you!” I felt angry about her friend, a friend who betrayed her intimate.
“But she is my best friend like you!”
“And she betrayed you!” I said. “You trust her but she doesn’t. I think if a friendship doesn’t base on sincerity and it won’t last long. Keep your dignity and don’t forgive her unless she apologizes to you.”
She trusted me and did what I suggested.
In the garden of friendship there grew both flowers and thorns. Something unhappy happened.
Sanmei was a lively girl while I was a quiet one, as a result we might have some disagreement. Due to the big exam I, who had made up my mind to enter a good university, worked very hard. I was good at my study, but she didn’t. At that time, she sat on my left, and on my right was a classmate who was her good friend. Sometime when I was reviewing my lessons, they would talk to each other, ignoring my presence. At first I could endure, but there was a limit. I could take many things unserious, but not all the things, especially some important thing that had relations to my life. At last I couldn’t bear any longer and said: “Would you be quiet? I am reviewing my lessons.”
She calmed down and said in a low voice: “I thought you didn’t mind. You seem to be so easygoing.”
“But not all.” I answered.
“I am sorry I ignored your feeling. I will be quiet from now on. Please don’t be angry, we are still good friends, right?”
“Yes.” I held her hands. “I think we should be frank in our friendship and tell each other what we think. Only in that way can we be good friends forever.”
“And our friendship will be stronger after this.”
Days went by quickly as we were ready for our exam. One day when we walked home, we came across a friend of Sanmei, who had hurt her deeply. She held Sanmei’s hand, said: “ I am sorry, I am so sorry!”
Sanmei looked at her, tears rolling down her face.
“Oh, I forgive you!” she hugged her. “We are still friends.”
“Would you please have dinner with me?” Her friend asked.
“Sure!” Sanmei agreed, nodding her head. And she turned to me, said: “Now I go to dinner with her. See you later!”
What could I say? I nodded my head but my heart sank. How could she treat me like this? Who she thought I was? I was her friend! But she didn’t respect me!
I was so angry about what she did. After watching them disappear in the crowd, I came back to school and took my books out. I didn’t wish to share a box with such a friend! A red box! Not a blue one!
The next day she found this surprised. “What’s up?”
“It is non your business.” I said coldly.
“Something wrong. But what?” she looked at me confused. Suddenly she seemed to realize something and said sincerely: “I am sorry for what I have done yesterday. I was wrong.”
I didn’t pay attention to her and did what I was doing.
“Are you still angry?” she asked quietly.
“Yes.” I said firmly.
In the afternoon I found a note from Sanmei. on my desk.
“Dear Jiemei,
I am sorry for the wrong thing I did yesterday. I am so sorry! I hope you will forgive me as you said you will forgive a friend who apologizes to you after hurting you. That was what I did yesterday.
You are a good girl, kind-heart, easygoing, considerate. What I most respect is that you have a strong principle. You live according to your principle. You know what you want and what is unimportant.
But sometime you seem so stubborn and proud. I have apologized to you, but you are still unreasonable!
Sanmei.”
Was I stubborn? Was I proud? Was I unreasonable? I began to think about myself. Maybe she was right. I had said that I would forgive a friend when she or he apologized to me. Now I should apologized to her.
“I am sorry!” I said honestly.
“We both forgive each other, Ok?”
“Ok!”
“Now, put your books back to our red box!”
“But there are so many book will you help me to put back them?”
“How dare I say ‘no’!”
返回页首
阅览成员资料 (Profile) 发送私人留言 (PM)
星子[ANNA]
星子作品集

酷我!I made it!
酷我!I made it!

注册时间: 2004-06-05
帖子: 13192
来自: Toronto

帖子发表于: 星期六 十一月 18, 2006 11:37 pm    发表主题: 引用并回复

I think your english is very good.

the story just needs a little punch.
发表新帖   回复帖子       酷我-北美枫 首页 -> English Garden 论坛时间为 EST (美国/加拿大)
1页/共1

转跳到:  
不能发布新主题
不能在这个论坛回复主题
不能在这个论坛编辑自己的帖子
不能在这个论坛删除自己的帖子
不能在这个论坛发表投票

本论坛欢迎广大文学爱好者不拘一格地发表创作和评论.凡在网站发表的作品,即视为向《北美枫》丛书, 《诗歌榜》和《酷我电子杂志》投稿(暂无稿费, 请谅)。如果您的作品不想编入《北美枫》或《诗歌榜》或《酷我电子杂志》,请在发帖时注明。
作品版权归原作者.文责自负.作品的观点与<酷我-北美枫>网站无关.请勿用于商业,宗教和政治宣传.论坛上严禁人身攻击.管理员有权删除作品.